Sunday 25 November 2012

Small Superdrug haul: 3 for 2






So recently I was forced to go into Superdrug, well not quite forced in fact not at all forced I was alone and this was a cheer myself up present and I think it worked well! Superdrug currently have 3 for 2 on all cosmetics so when there's 3 beauty products I wanted to try I headed there straight away. Usually I would always just go to Boots for my drugstore beauty products but considering the 3 for 2 offer I thought I'd switch.. just this once, I don't know why I just do. So I thought I'd treat myself after work has been a total downfall lately and to be honest there's not a lot I can do about it and the hunt for a new job goes on.

Anyway onto the first product I picked up, I got Rimmel's BB Cream in Light. I had recently got a sample of this and after using all of that up I instantly wanted to grab the full size bottle and I absolutely love it! The product claims to "Primes, Moisturises, Minimises Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smoothes, Mattifies, Brightens and helps Protect". I'm not 100% convinced that this product does all 9 of these things but I am sure that it does most of them, it really is amazing. It makes my skin feel ultra soft and it is really easy to apply. I do moisturise before I apply this product and love the application and coverage I get from it. I barely wear foundation on a day to day basis so this product is perfect for me. It's quite a light coverage but it's definitely buildable if you wanted. This is also the first BB cream that I have ever tried so I don't really know what I was expecting but it's definitely worth it. I think this was around £6 so very affordable too and I would absolutely recommend this product if you're after a BB cream or like me and don't normally wear foundation!

Next I purchased the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer which is the one I believe I hear everyone talk about so I'm jumping on the band wagon and trying it out myself. My last concealer had just run out so it was perfect timing, I was using e.l.f's concealer which was ok, nothing special but it was only £1.50. So after hearing rave reviews I tried this, I've used it a couple of times and I must say it definitely does last for a very long time which I love! Usually my concealer's would only last a few hours before I'm applying again so not having to reapply this whilst I'm at work is an absolute bonus. I believe this was just over £4 which is clearly a steal and I am definitely agreeing with everyone else who loves this concealer! :-)

Finally I picked up a Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Sable Brown. I don't think I've ever owned a brown eyeliner I would usually just always use black but I watched Sammi from BeautyCrush video on her natural make up look and saw she used a brown eyeliner, hers wasn't this one but I loved her final look so thought I'd try a brown one for myself. I have been using this daily on the top and bottom of my eyelashes but only going halfway across my eye and then smudging it in slightly. I love the look it gives and this eyeliner is so easy to apply which I also love. It's perfect for the more natural look which I'm pretty much sporting every day at work so I love to just add this to my daily routine to make my eyes look that little bit more bigger/wider and slightly more awake. It's such a simple and easy way to do so.

So that's it for my very small 3 for 2 haul, I hope you enjoyed it and will maybe go and treat yourself to some goodies from Superdrug ;-) I'd love to know if you've tried any of these products and what you think of them so don't forget to leave a comment! xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I tend to steer towards Superdrug because it always has some sort of offer on, whereas Boots doesn't really (especially now they seem to have stopped the £5 off No.7 vouchers!)

    The BB cream sounds amazing- will definitely need to invest : )

    Have a lovely day!
    Xx. Emma @ ever—so.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped on the collection 2000 bandwagon last week haha! I'm so impressed with it noticed a massive difference with the bags under my eyes.


    Hannah @ www.aprettymess.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig