Sunday 5 January 2014

No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Daydreamer


The thought of having to return to my normal routine of work this week is depressing enough so here's a lipstick post to brighten up those dark mornings we are still enduring, I couldn't think of much better. I know many of you have probably already started back at work so I'm rather lucky but can safely say that I'm really not looking forward to those early mornings. Although one highlight is that I do not return to university until the 30th of this month - say whaaat?!

Onto this gorgeous lip crayon - the perfect colour for these winter months that will still continue and as ever I picked this up with one of those Boots vouchers for No7 make up with £3 off, bargain. I was browsing for a new lippy and this one took my fancy simply by it's colour. It's a lovely dark plum but is very pigmented, buildable and has a lovely shine to it; taking away any dryness. It simply glides onto your lips effortlessly, as I said it's buildable so you can have it as I did in the picture above, very subtle (not the best picture to show you I'm sorry!!) or heavier and darker. This means it's perfect for everyday as if you're not feeling like wearing much lipstick then you can just glide this over your lips a couple of times and voila! For more of a night out look then you can adapt to it.

The lasting power is great but if you're only opting for a slight hint of colour then obviously it's not going to last you as long as it would if you built the colour right up. Saying that it does last a good couple of hours and when it does start to fade it does so naturally so you're not needing a touch up asap! Like the name suggests it is high shine so no need for a gloss on top for those of you who would normally which is a bonus. I've never been a lip gloss fanatic but that's another story.

It simply is just the perfect winter colour and so easy to apply and throw in your handbag, day or night! I'd definitely grab hold of one of those vouchers and get your hands on one, they'd also be perfect for spring/summer in the other shades available! :-)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This lip crayon looks lovely and it suits you a lot hun! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these a lot, I have a couple of the shades and would consider buying a few more if they released some new colours this coming season.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered this blog thru Yahoo, what a way to brighten up my month!
    Cycling Games 43

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plum colours. such a nice colour and matches you perfectly!

    Lauren
    ox

    makeupbylaurenox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig