Sunday 17 November 2013

Autumn Boots haul


As it's now fully Autumn (even though it's completely feeling like Winter) I felt the need to slightly add to my make up collection with some new autumnal bits and bobs. Boots also currently have 3 for 2 on all make up so it's even more tempting to purchase the goodies that you've wanted for a while now.

So onto what I purchased.. the first thing I really wanted was a new autumnal coloured blush and after watching Tanya Burr's autumn make up haul I opted for this one from Maybelline in the shade 'Flash Plum'. It's the most gorgeous plum colour, as the name suggests, it has a slight shimmer to it but it is the perfect autumnal blush colour in my eyes.

Next a few bits from Rimmel. When I actually purchased the Rimmel bits they were on a different offer which was when you spend £10 you got the mascara for free. So I picked up this foundation, I'm always after a foundation which will help keep me matte for as long as possible. I actually tried a sample of this from a magazine and really liked it so thought I'd give the full size a go. I also picked up the Scandal Eyes Kohl liner in Nude. I've tried using a white eyeliner before but just wasn't so keen on the outcome so heard someone say they used this nude coloured one the same way you would a white one but for more of a natural look. These are so easy to use and simply just glide onto the eyelid which I love. Once I'd got those 2 bits I got the Scandal Eyes Flex mascara which is a nice deal in my eyes, I'm yet to try the mascara but always like Rimmel mascaras so am excited too.

I then got 2 nail varnishes, one from Sinful Colors in the shade 'Envy' which is a lovely dark forest green which I thought was perfect for autumn. I love these nail varnishes as they are long lasting and a bargain at only £1.99! I then picked up Barry M in 'Raspberry' which every blogger raves about so I thought I needed to try it for myself. I also love Barry M nail polishes, again a cheap price, and I love this colour - not so autumnal but still think it would look lovely.

Then as I said I'm always after products to help with my oily skin so I saw this moisturiser on offer so thought I'd give it a whirl! It's oil free so perfect for anyone with oily skin and helps keep the oiliness at bay. You can use this either in the morning or at night time which is something I really like as it doesn't mean you have to buy 2 separate moisturisers for both morning and night. Also a good moisturiser is essential for these colder months to keep your skin nice and hydrated.

As everyone has always raved about the Collection lasting perfection concealer, which I also love, I thought I would try something else from their range and I got the Illuminating Touch concealer. I needed a new concealer for under my eyes, something that is illuminating and just simply lights up the under eye area and removes those horrible looking bags. It's not the normal wand concealer, it has a brush and you twist the bottom for the product to come out which I think is quite a nice concept.

Finally I picked up another Revlon lip butter which is also another product I saw and loved from Tanya Burr's haul video. I love the Revlon lip butters but the one that I currently have doesn't have a massive colour pay off so I really wanted to try one with more colour pay off. This one in the shade 'Red Velvet' does exactly that, it's a gorgeous deep red which is perfect for this time of the year. The lip butters are so moisturising as well so they help keep your lips soft in the cold weather outside!

So that's my Boots haul finished! I have even picked up 3 more bits since as the 3 for 2 offer is just to hard too miss. I'm really excited to try all of these products and be able to get a full review together for you guys. But I feel that my make up bag is pretty set now for the autumn and winter months. I'd love to know if you've picked up anything in this Boots offer? Or if you've tried anything which I picked up and your thoughts :-) Now time for a bath before watching the X Factor! xo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. ooh id really like to try that mascara!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fabulous haul! I love the sound of plum blusher. I have the nude scandal eyes and it's a staple in my routine :)

    Love Kate xx
    prettylittleus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry M Raspberry is my favourite polish by the brand :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig