Monday 4 November 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation


Well hello November! It seems to have come around so quickly and Christmas just seems super close now which is a pretty scary thought! (and also exciting) It's also now just gone quarter to 5 and it's dark outside, I mean that's depressing in itself.

I've actually had this foundation for quite some time now and can't seem to think of a good enough reason as to why I haven't reviewed it on my blog yet because ever since I purchased it, I fell in love with it. I picked up the shade 52 Vanilla which is pretty much perfect for my skin colour. I know Bourjois don't have the biggest range of colours in their foundations but this shade suited me perfectly and I think the other shades could be worked with if there's not a perfect match for you.

The formula of this foundation is a bit different to other normal foundations as it is gel based. It's simply just a thickened liquid which I rather like as when pumped onto the back of your hand it doesn't run everywhere, ha ha! (you can see this in the last picture) It's a super easy formula to work with and I pair this with my Real Techniques expert face brush and I love the finished look. The coverage is light to medium but can be buildable depending on your desired coverage. One hint is to not apply too much of this foundation just to avoid cakeyness due to the gel formula but when buffed into the skin it leaves a lovely natural look.

I have oily skin and due to this foundation being semi-matte it's neither here nor there really but I find it works well with my skin type. It doesn't come out fully matte but not super shiny either which I actually really like, I didn't think I would due to having oily skin but it works. It gives a nice healthy glow which if you also have oily skin then you know how hard it is to find a foundation with the best of both worlds. My skin is also due to imperfections/blemishes and I find this foundation doesn't cover them completely. If that's something you're looking for then this foundation wouldn't be the right coverage for you but once I've finished my foundation and applied my concealer the imperfections have pretty much disappeared.

Also due to having oily skin this foundation doesn't last me all day, it claims to last 16 hours but whether that's just due to my skin type I don't know. In the morning I apply this as I said with my Real Techniques expert face brush, using a primer before, powder after and then a make up setting spray. I would say it needs a touch up after maybe 6-8 hours for me personally but that's my lovely oily skin kicking in unfortunately.

This foundation does have a scent to it and it's rather floral/fruity and it's not over powering. It's actually a rather nice smell and doesn't affect the foundation at all. None of my other foundations have a scent so I didn't think it would be something I would like but honestly it's rather pleasant. The packaging is ok, like other drug store foundation it's nothing spectacular but it has a pump. A foundation without a pump is pretty useless to me.

Overall I really enjoy using this foundation on an everyday basis as it's not too heavy but covers what I want to cover! It's an enjoyable foundation to use due to the scent and how it's easy to apply making it quick and easy if you're ever in a rush for work :)

I'd definitely recommend this foundation to anyone with any skin type as I think it's suitable for all! It's an all rounder foundation, one for everyday and one for any time of the year. I will definitely repurchase (and as you can see from the state of my bottle in my pictures it has been a well loved foundation in my make up bag, he he) Bourjois foundation's are definitely one of my favourites from the high street! I'd love to know if you've tried this foundation or any other foundation from Bourjois? And your thoughts on them? :) xo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great review.. I have oily skin to so I know exactly how you feel about trying to find a decent foundation that lasts long. I've never used a gel based foundation before, I think I have to try this out! :) xx
    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never tried a bourjois foundation before, can you believe it?! Healthy mix sounds like one of the best

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this foundation, my tube is coming to an end now so I need to pick it up again however I might hold off until spring/summer time for now :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig