Monday 11 November 2013

Lush Bubblegum lip scrub & Tea tree toner water


 As you may well know there has been a few things from Lush that I have been lusting after for quite some time now (if you don't know then feel free to check out my latest Lush wish list). Now there is a Lush shop in my local city but it's slightly out of the way and to be honest it's not the first shop I think to visit when I am shopping. But recently when I did go shopping with my mum we happened to be the right end of the city, where Lush was, so it was the perfect time to pop in.

I do sometimes feel that when you walk into a Lush store than you can feel bombarded by the staff members and that's something that I particularly don't like. On this occasion I wasn't completely pounced on, I was approached by a guy who worked there and when I actually did need help he was very informative. Now I was looking to end up gathering a couple more items but one was out of stock and the other he ended up giving me two sample pots of so I actually didn't bother buying the full size until I had tried it. He gave me a sample of the Cupcake face mask, I have tried it once already and did really enjoy it. As it is a fresh face mask it does have to be kept in the fridge and does only have a 3 week shelf life which is the one downside to this product but I'll report back on this after using it more!

Firstly I got what everyone always always raves about.. the bubblegum lip scrub. I had an old lip scrub from Lush which I loved, it was a vanilla scent/taste but unfortunately it had passed it's date, so what a better time to invest. I'm not keen on the other lip scrubs so I instantly knew that I wanted to pick this one up. The colour obviously attracts you as it's a pretty vibrant pink! It's a bubblegum scent and taste both of which are very sweet, so if you don't have that sweet tooth then this one probably isn't for you. Like I said I've tried their lip scrub before and absolutely loved it. They are very invigorating and really help to get rid of those dry lips which I really suffer from this time of the year. All you simply do it apply it to your lips giving it a bit of a scrub then you lick the goodness off and voila! I definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from dry lips as it's the perfect scrub to buff those lips.

Secondly I picked up the tea tree toner water, also featured in my wish list, I've had my eye on it for a while. Also as my frequent readers may know, I suffer from oily and spot prone skin so am always on the look out for something to set the oiliness back for a while and to help with those pesky spots. This toner water claims to do exactly that so of course it was right up my street and I couldn't leave it. Also with the price tag of only £3.95 it was a bargain price too (this price is for the smaller sized bottle). I've been using this ever since I purchased it and I absolutely love it. It's super duper simple to use which is also a bonus, you can either spray this onto a cotton pad to wipe over your face or simply just spray it straight onto your face ensuring that your eyes are tightly shut of course. I spray this onto my face morning (before my make up) and night after washing my face and it really does help my skin. You can pretty much tell instantly, after the product has dried on your face, that the oiliness has reduced super fast, yes it really is that noticeable. So in the morning when applying my make up after it really helps as oiliness is obviously the main thing that makes my make up slide through out the day. I can't say whether it has improved the look of my spots but it definitely helps calm them whenever you have a big bruiser. Obviously this product contains tea tree which is an amazing ingredient when it comes to spot prone skin.

Overall I do love Lush's products and highly recommend everyone to try them out as there really is something for everyone and everything! I love these two products I purchased and they probably will be purchased again sometime in the future. I'd love to know if you've tried either of these products? Or what your favourite Lush product is? :-)

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have both of these and love them both!
    Lush have some really good stuff out, I want to try their grease lightning or shampoo next x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bubblegum lip scrub, I'm on my second tub of it. I've not tried the tea tree toner but breath of fresh air is gorgeous.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lush lip scrubs are the best! I have the mint julep scrub and I think I'll always repurchase it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig