Friday 21 March 2014

Paris beauty haul


So another belated post as it seems forever ago since I went to Paris and since my 21st birthday, but finally I'm showing you the beauty bits and bobs that I purchased whilst I was in Paris. Now as you can tell I didn't go wild, I was a silly beauty blogger and didn't find out about any French skin care or make up brands before going out so when looking and it all being in French I didn't have a clue what they were. I knew there were definitely a couple of things I hand my eye on but another thing is that the Euro to pound conversion is practically the same, so things out there weren't any cheaper.

The first place I obviously made my mum stop was Sephora. I've never been into one before and there was one literally about a minutes walk away from our hotel = bonus. So there were a couple of trips made there. The first two things I bought were from Smashbox which you can obviously get in the UK. First I got the Blemish Control primer which I've had my eye on for a while! The lady in the shop actually took my make up off and used these two products and I fell in love with the finished look. The foundation is the Studio Skin Hydrating foundation in the colour 1.1. These two products work really well together and so far am enjoying using them.

Next was my 21st birthday splurge. I've never spent so much money on a lipstick before but just look at it simply. It's so god darn beautiful. I actually purchased this at the airport on the way home as it worked out cheaper than it did at Sephora or even back in the UK obviously so ended up being just under £20 I believe. It's the Volupte Sheer Candy from YSL in shade 6. It's the most wearable red ever, you can simply apply one layer for a sheer but noticeable red lip or you can really build it up for a more intense red lip. So far I'm loving it!

And finally the cult French pharmacy buy which I just had to have really. I know there are now a few UK brand versions of the Bioderma but I needed to try the original for myself! I actually got the combination/oily skin type one which I actually didn't know existed until I was out there. It's obviously brilliant at taking your make up off and again I've really enjoyed using it. They come in different sizes etc so I just went for the one in the middle which is 250ml, but this can also be purchased from online now and delivered to the UK from certain websites.

Overall so far I'm loving everything I purchased in Paris which is a bonus and doesn't always happen! I hope you enjoyed this small Paris haul and let me know if you've tried any of these products :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You got some lovely things, especially that YSL lippy! So jealous of you going shopping in Paris I bet it was amazing
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig