Sunday 13 March 2016

Bourjois Flower Perfection Primer



You've probably heard me ramble on about high street primers previously so I won't bore you again. But earlier this year I purchased this little pot from Bourjois as I haven't tried it before. I'm basically on the hunt to try all high street primers and see what works best for my skin type, simply because there don't seem to be that many out there. I can't say that this one attracted me in anyway particularly but I was purchasing something else from the Bourjois range and there was an offer on so I thought I may as well give this one a go. I've previously tried Bourjois' other primer they have on offer and I really disliked it, you can read that post here, so was slightly apprehensive about this one to begin with.

When this arrived, as I ordered online, I was surprised one at the size - it's actually a very small pot and two at the consistency of the product itself. Lets talk about the packaging first, it clearly comes in this small round pot and you don't really get very much product in it at all. It's all plastic but due to it's size I think it's perfect for travelling or on the go. Next the consistency, it's like a marshmallow or a memory foam mattress if I was to try and describe it to you.

It applies super easy onto the skin and after using it I realised why there's not much product, you barely need any product to cover your whole face. It spreads easily and feels so soft on application. I simply just use my fingers to apply and like I said only use a small amount. Once it's applied my face feels semi-matte, soft and ready for foundation. Bourjois state this this product minimises the look of pores and blemishes. Now I don't have large pores so I'm not sure I can fully comment on that but I can say that this primer does not help hide the look of blemishes unfortunately. I'm not sure how that can be a claim of this product as it's translucent and the main claim is for a smooth complexion which I do think it give me; however my blemishes are still very visible.

The lasting power of this primer is ok, I do have oily patches and I do find that after 3-4 hours my oily patches are clearly coming through but I think that's a relatively good time. I tend to just blot the excess oil away, especially if I'm at work and then I'm good to go again.

Overall I'm currently enjoying using this primer however I would say that it's not the best high street primer I've found so far but it's definitely not the worst either! Let me know your thoughts on this product if you've tried it :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've never heard of this primer, but sounds like it was a bit disappointing! I like the Soap & Glory Hocus Focus one - not sure if it's technically a primer but it's lovely to get that all over glow! x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig