Monday 24 October 2016

The Devil Wears Prada | Book Review




I love a good read, especially when there's a sequel. When you think of The Devil Wears Prada, I bet your mind goes to the film, mine definitely did. I absolutely love the film and Anne Hathaway is one of my favourite actresses. But quite a while ago now, I discovered the book to this film and that the book has a sequel.

Normally I tend to prefer reading the book before watching the film however, that was not the case with this particular book. It had been a while since I had seen the film when I began reading the book, so I had to settle for that. As I mentioned, I love the film so the book actually had a lot to live up too in my eyes. I actually really enjoyed the book and yes, I still would have liked to read it first but it was very similar to the film, with not much missed out which is what I normally find. If you haven't seen the film, or read the book, then it's about a girl called Andrea who goes to work for Runway magazine but turns out to have the boss, Miranda, from hell. The second book carries on Andrea's journey as she works her way up the magazine ladder, forming new friendships and relationships, but Miranda is still making appearances.

If you love fashion, magazines and an easy read then these books are for you. Also if you were like me and had just watched the film, you won't be disappointed reading the book afterwards.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig