Saturday 10 August 2013

Dainty Doll Cream Blush in 001 Paper Roses


In my last Fragrance Direct haul, which now seems like forever ago, I purchased this Dainty Doll blush. I'd heard rather a lot about this brand just floating around the blogger-sphere. So when I saw them on Fragrance Direct for £1.99 I thought I couldn't not try one. The other thing that intrigued me was that I had never tried a cream blusher before so didn't really know what to expect from it. This Dainty Doll range by Nicola Roberts is aimed at the paler skin ladies out there and during the colder months I definitely fall under that category.

First things first, the packaging. It's really sleek and compact which I really like. It also comes with a mirror so it's perfect for on the go when re-application is needed.These blushers are so creamy and actually quite pigmented. Not having tried one before I didn't know what the pigmentation would be like but as you can see from the picture above it really is pigmented and this shows up on the cheeks too. Although the product is really creamy once I applied this to my cheeks I did find it to feel a bit waxy on the skin, considering I have nothing to compare this too I'm not sure if that's a 'normal' thing. It wasn't a horrible feeling as once I working the product into my skin a bit more it seemed to wear off and left a nice pink glow.

I've been applying this product to my face with my fingers, as I don't own a stippling brush which I seem to think would be the best brush for this product. On the plus side this product applies really well with my fingers, I know exactly where I'm putting it and how much product I'm putting on my cheeks. The blush is really buildable, with one application, if you will, it gives a tinted pink glow to my cheeks, then with a little more product I find this is when the colour of the blush really appears. It creates such a natural looking pink glow on the cheeks. This blush has no shimmer in it which is something I like in this cream blush. It also leaves quite a nice dewy finish too which I like considering I have rather oily skin so am normally prone to a matte finish on my face.

I find this blusher doesn't last all day, whether that's due to it being a cream blush and me having oily skin I don't know but it does last a fairly long time. The colour intensity of the blush does just start to fade after a good few hours of wear. I would definitely like to try a brush to apply this and see if that makes any difference to the lasting power and colour intensity.

Overall I have enjoyed using this blusher, I love the colour pay off and the creamy texture. But I'm not sure that I'm a convert and still very much prefer my powder blushers although this is a nice change every now and then. I'd love to try a powder blush from this Dainty Doll range to compare the two.

Have you tried any products from the Dainty Doll range? Whats your favourite cream blush? I'd love to know your favourites :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I always apply cream blushes with my fingers! This looks like a gorgeous colour. I actually prefer cream blushes to powder.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that packaging... and the color is great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig