Sunday 18 May 2014

Smashbox photo finish blemish control primer


Another Thursday post before uni when I actually should be doing uni work. But seriously motivation has hit an all time low this morning and I just couldn't focus so instead of doing the important stuff I've been lulling around basically doing jack s**t! Whoops! Hopefully when I actually get to uni this will change.

Anyway onto the review of this Smashbox primer, I picked this up when I was in Paris a couple of months back and have really been enjoying using it since so I thought I would share my thoughts with you. I know now that you probably all know I suffer from blemishes so this product instantly stood out to me. The woman in Sephora actually took my make up off and re-applied with this as the base and I instantly loved how smooth it was on application, leaving my skin super soft. Smashbox say:

"Banish blemishes! Makeup meets skincare with this perfecting primer that treats breakouts, provides oil-free hydration and keeps skin clearer over time. Apply to bare skin for best results"

I always find it really hard to know what products help my blemishes, I use quite a few blemish products each day so to know which ones are working the best can sometimes be tricky. As I have been using this every day I can say I think this has really helped my blemishes. It contains 2% salicylic acid which really helps treat breakouts which unfortunately I suffer from.

I apply this after my moisturiser in the mornings and it leaves my skin feeling nice and is a really nice base for my foundation. One slight downer of this product is it, only sometimes, seems quite watery. I find I have to shake the tube before using it as sometimes it's like the product comes out separated. You have a watery substance and then what looks like the primer. Obviously you can rub your hands together then mixing the product together but when you're paying £28 for a primer, I know I'd quite like it to do it's job.

Overall it's a lovely primer and definitely helps the look of my skin when I'm having a bad blemish day! There it one slight con but it can be overcome so it's not the end of the world. I've heard lots about Smashbox's other primers so I'd definitely love to hear if any of you have tried those and your thoughts?! Also your thoughts on this particular one :-) I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig