Monday 9 June 2014

Bourjois bronzing powder


Hello, I hope you all had a lovely weekend enjoying the sunshine! I spent my Sunday at the seaside and I can't think of a better way I could have spent it. It was a beautiful day and if you know Southwold then you'll know how lovely it is to spend the day there. So I thought as summer is finally starting to show signs of appearing that I would share my new favourite bronzer with you today. As we all want that lovely bronzed look through the summer months.

This product is a very raved about bronzer in the beauty blogger world but I had never really been much of a bronzer wearer. But when Boots were doing their 3 for 2 on all make up a while back I couldn't resist picking it up and finally trying it. And boy am I glad I did pick it up. It's the Bourjois bronzing powder, supposedly smelling like chocolate, what more could a girl want. Now I will admit for the first couple of weeks I had this I didn't actually use it, but now I've started using it I can't stop. A bronzer, this one in particular, is now part of my everyday make up routine and I love it. Bourjois says:

"Its subtly iridescent formula enriched with flecks of golds gives a radiant but non shiny glow. Its delicious chocolate perfume and ultra soft texture will make you melt with pleasure!"

This bronzer goes on so effortlessly and you can really build it up for a night time look or keep it nice and more natural looking for everyday wear. At first I was scared using this but it's so simple to apply, I don't know what I was thinking! I just use a rather large brush, the one I'm currently using is just from Avon but I do need to invest in a new one suggestions?, and it just glides on. I apply this to my cheeks and temples mainly as that's my personal preferred look but you can go more to town by putting it down your nose and under your chin. I think this product just instantly makes my face look, well, more alive ha ha. It just lifts my face and makes it look a lot nicer for the coming summer months.

I was also slightly worried about the flecks of shimmer in this bronzer but I really think they make the bronzer. They don't show up too much on the skin, the shimmer just makes it look more glowy but still keeping it natural. This bronzer can be easily blended into the skin, another worry of mine was applying too much, but if you do then it's super easy to blend out. I sometimes just get my powder brush to blend it in more if I have applied too much and it's all sorted. Now the smell of this, supposedly smelling like chocolate.. Yes it does have that hint of chocolate smell in it which does smell divine! Thankfully the smell doesn't linger once you've applied it to your face as I don't think personally I would want to walk round with my face smelling like chocolate.

Overall I definitely recommend this bronzer, it's absolutely perfect for the coming summer months! And if you're like me and slightly scared of using bronzers then this one is a great place to start. This product is definitely now a staple in my make up bag, bring on the sunshine! :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Every time I go to Boots I find myself picking up the Bourjois bronzing powder yet I never get it. I think it's because being a pale gal I have a slight fear of bronzers as they can often look muddy and too dark for me but you've made me really want to give it a whirl! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie! Love this post! I've actually never heard of this brand but the packaging is super cute! :) Bronzers are so perfect for summer! Thanks so much for this post! :)
    Also, love your blog! It's super cute
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ GIVEAWAY ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Creme de la Chic

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig