Sunday 6 July 2014

My Summer nail varnish favourites 2014


A slightly miserable day to be sharing these gorgeous nail varnishes but hopefully they will brighten the weather up ever so slightly. Today is also one of those days where I'm practically doing nothing and being lazy. Although I'm praying for it not to rain so we can have a bbq with the family later. I thought I would share my top summer favourite nail varnishes with you. All be it rather late as it's supposedly already summer here in the UK but hey ho, better late than never.

Rimmel Salon Pro in 317 Hip-Hop

This formula of nail varnish is one of my all time favourites. It's from the Kate Moss range and they are just one of the easiest to apply and they really do last a good amount of time. This shade is the perfect coral for summer, nice and bright. I'm not a huge fan of pastel coral so this colour is right up my street.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Lychee

I love a nude nail varnish all year round but this one is perfect for the summer months. It's a nice and fresh looking nude and again this formula from Barry M Gelly range is lovely. Super glossy and easy application makes them lovely. The other colours in this range are also lovely as there are now so many to choose from. A nude is always a winner with me as whatever outfit you pair with it, it will always go!

OPI Nicki Minaj collection in Did It On 'Em

This is a firm all time favourite nail varnish of mine, I just am in love with the colour! It's a gorgeous yellow/lime and absolutely amazing in the summer. This colour does look great when you have a tan but seeing as there's no getaway for me this summer it does also look great without too, so don't worry! OPI as I'm sure we all know are amazing nail varnishes, yes they come with quite a large price tag but they do feel super luxurious.

Essie in Madison Avehue

Essie have the best colour range possible, I swear every colour is just super pretty, and this one is no exception. It has tiny flecks of glitter in which just make this nail polish that extra bit girly. It's the perfect combo between pink and purple and just the prettiest colour. Again you can't really fault Essie's formula, they are simply just amazing.

Rimmel Lycra Pro in 500 Peppermint

You can't not include a gorgeous mint in a summer nail varnish post hey. This one is the perfect mint colour, again something that would look great with (or without in my case) a tan. Rimmel do amazing nail varnishes and this one again I cannot fault. The lasting power is amazing, I have a feeling it's something to do with this lycra in them? I'm not sure but it must do super things to their nail varnishes. I own many of this collection and love everyone of them!

And that is it! My favourite summer nail varnishes for this "current" summer. I hope you enjoyed this slightly different post today and it has given you some inspiration of what colours to pop on your nails when the sun is shining :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I absolutely love the first one, the mega bright coral one! So gorgeous! Also love the peppermint one :) x

    amber love

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig