Tuesday 9 February 2016

Scrapbooking





At the end of last year I ordered around 100 photographs to be printed and prior to that I had some more printed. I love keeping photographs but recently I thought, what am I actually going to do with them all? Yes I have a photo album and love the ones that are in there but then they just end up sitting there and not all of them fit in my two albums that I own. Procrastination was at it's best and somehow I ended up on the Paperchase website. There was a nice, separate section for scrapbooking and I couldn't resist having a look.

I clearly ended up purchasing quite a few bits to get my scrapbooking started and the crafty bits on the website actually inspired me. I thought this would be a great, artistic way to present my pictures and therefore something that I would enjoy looking through. To begin with I didn't want to go crazy and buy loads of things in case I didn't enjoy doing it for any reason. Although once I placed the order I was super excited for everything to arrive. A shout out to all the students out there, Paperchase also do student discount which was a nice surprise when I placed my order.

So I purchased just a few bits including this lovely scrapbook which ties with a ribbon, I knew this was the one I wanted straight away and it was only £8 which I thought was a bargain. I then purchased some photo mounts which were raved about in the reviews on the Paperchase website and I totally agree. They make sticking in your photographs super duper easy, without ruining the actual photo, a scrapbook must! Next I chose all the craft bits such as washi tape, paper string, coloured postcards, stickers, glue and a nice pen. Can you believe as well I got all of this for just over £20, which was such a bargain in my eyes.

Since receiving this parcel I've really got stuck in and I'm loving it! It's a nice and relaxing hobby to do in my spare time, when I'm not at work or writing my dissertation! I think I will definitely be on the look out for different scrapbooking crafty items. I will keep you guys updated on the inside pages of my scrapbook in the future, once I've done a few more. If you're like me and have a lot of photographs laying around, gathering dust then I would recommend doing something crafty with them if you're interested in scrapbooking. I can definitely say I'm not hooked on doing so and love looking back at all the memories whilst doing so!

All the items pictured in this blog post is purchased from Paperchase :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I LOVE scrapbooking! For our first Christmas together I made him a scrapbook and he said it was one of the nicest gifts he'd received, which made me happy. :)

    When we get time to we work on it together. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig