Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Body Shop Flawless Finish Collection: Instablur & All-in-one BB Cream


I'm never normally one to shop in The Body Shop but when I do venture in I always find something new and exciting. This was a new collection which includes the instablur primer and bb cream. I'd heard a lot about these items before purchasing and couldn't resist when I had a voucher code for 40% off. The Body Shop are great for having voucher codes so if you're heading into store then I would definitely check out codes to get yourself some money off! This set was £20 for the two products but with money off it was a bargain considering the primer is £14 alone and the bb cream is £12.

First the all-in-one instablur primer which claims to be a 5 action perfector. These are:

  • Shine Controlling 12h
  • Reduces appearance of pores
  • Blemish Hiding
  • Complexion Unifying
  • Make-up Extending
  • This is a hell of a lot to claim and unfortunately I do not agree with all of them. The texture of this product is slightly strange but I rather like it. It feels super smooth applying it onto the face but being someone who suffers from blemishes I don't agree that it hides them. It does however stop shine and I am a matte girl but 12 hours is a long time and I know my shine doesn't stay away for that long when using this product. Make up goes on like a dream over the top of this primer as it really smooths skin and my complexion. This is a great product although I don't agree with all of the claims; the ones it lives up too work really well.

    Next the bb cream which also has 5 claims similar to the primer. These are:


    • Adapts to your skin tone
    • Light to medium coverage
    • Even finish
    • 24-hour hydration
    • Non-clogging 
    This product comes out white in colour from the tube and it's a pretty easy product to just slap on and go. The product adapts to your skin tone which I think is a great concept and actually works really well. The coverage is definitely light and something I would chose on good skin days and those 'no make up' make up days. I do find this product really does make me look shiny so if I am going to use this product I definitely have to really powder and set this bb cream into place. I have oily skin anyway but recently have developed some dry patches; this product just seems to illuminate the oily patches but work a dream on the dry patches. But working this with a great powder does work but not for a really lengthy period of time.








    Overall both of these products are great but do have their flaws. I'm enjoying occasionally using them at the moment but not sure if I would repurchase when empty. You can buy the primer here and the bb cream here (I can't find the set online for some reason). I'd love to know your thoughts if you've tried either? And also your favourite Body Shop product :-)
    SHARE:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig