Saturday 14 November 2015

Sephora Smoothing Primer



I purchased this what feels like ages ago now and it was a spur of the moment purchase. I struggle to find the perfect primer so whenever a new one comes out, or I see a new one I haven't tried, I like to give it a go. I do find that primers can be pretty expensive so I tend to keep an eye out on the high street. When I spotted this one when I was on holiday in France, I couldn't help but pick it up as it's not everyday you get to pick up Sephora products here in the UK.

To be honest nothing really attracted me to this product other than the fact that it was a primer and I was in need of a new one at the time. I like the packaging as it's rather dinky so in one way perfect for travelling, but on the other hand not so great as it is a glass bottle. I love that this product has a pump, it just makes it so much easier to know how much product you are using so you don't waste any. I simply use one pump of this product and it covers all of my face.

When I first used this product it reminded me of the Maybelline Baby Skin, the formula felt exactly the same pretty much although I would say very slightly the Sephora one has a thicker consistency. So firstly if you are not a fan of the Maybelline one then I would suggest that you probably won't get on well with this one. I personally quite liked the Maybelline one but I do think I prefer this Sephora one and I will tell you why.

Once this product is applied to your skin it doesn't take long to sink in and doesn't leave your skin feeling slippery. This product aims to smooth out your skin which I think it does achieve. It leaves my skin perfectly ready for the rest of my make up routine. The only slight downside to this primer is that I don't find it keeps my make up in place for a particularly long time. I would say around 3-4 hours and my t zone is beginning to get oily again and in need of a touch up.

Overall this is a pretty good primer and I like how it leaves my skin looking and feeling. As I said the only downside is the staying power but that's the trouble having an oily t zone, it's a pain to keep at bay. I will continue my hunt for a great high street primer, let me know your favourites :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig