Monday 16 March 2015

Makeup Revolution Concealer Brush




Until I purchased this concealer brush I've never actually owned one. I've always either used my fingers or my Real Techniques complexion sponge. I still love both of those ways but I questioned why I had never used/tried a concealer brush before. Hence why this purchase happened in my first Makeup Revolution haul. I was browsing their website when I cam across all of the brushes they have on offer and this one instantly stood out to me and the price was great so I couldn't wait to try it out and see if I liked the results.

I must say after receiving this brush it did kind of go to one side for a week or two. I'm not sure why but I must have just been set in my ways of using my sponge and/or fingers that I actually forgot to even give this a go. But once I told myself that I must try it I have actually been using it everyday since. The packaging is great; sleek, black and simple which I really like. The brush actually feels pretty soft considering the price I paid for it. I was expecting it to be soft but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived as to how soft it actually is. Obviously you can get softer but this is a great cheaper alternative.

I have been using this brush to blend in my face concealer, I can say that I haven't actually tried using this brush for under my eyes. I find my sponge just so easy to use for under my eyes, I just feel that a brush would be slightly more fiddly. Also I like to just use this on my face concealer as it's mainly to cover up my blemishes and I don't want to go waving that spot bacteria over the rest of my face. Doesn't sound nice but it's the honest truth, I'd rather they stay where they are and not spread! My current concealer is the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and I find when using this brush it blends really well. I kind of start using a dabbing technique to cover most of the blemish and then will blend it outwards so it blends nicely into my foundation. Although maybe not a professional technique it has been working amazingly for me.

I find that using this brush my blemishes are covered really well as this brush doesn't absorb much of the product. That is the one down side to the sponge so I'm glad that this brush doesn't do that. As I said it's really soft so also for those pesky, painful spots this isn't a problem as you can work with it gently. When blending with this brush I have seen a few stroke marks on my face (I don't know the correct term here... I mean some lines left from the brush with my concealer?), I hope you understand that! These can be a pain but are so simply fixed with either a stroke of the brush in another direction or if that doesn't work then a quick dab with your finger.

Overall I'm really pleased with how this brush has helped me cover my blemishes and how well it works. I wasn't expecting to like using a concealer brush this much so I'm really pleased that I took the plunge and changed up my routine slightly. This one is great value from Makeup Revolution, you can find it here for only £1.95. If you are like me and this would be your first concealer brush then I would definitely recommend trying this one out :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I haven't tried any Makeup Revolution brushes yet, but I'll definitely have to after reading this review! I'm not a massive fan of concealer brushes, I always find my beauty blender works much better, but I'll have to get my hands on their face brushes!

    Maxine, xo
    http://maxinewhitneyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig