Wednesday 18 March 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation




For ages I always wanted to get my hands on this foundation after hearing raving reviews about it from many bloggers. As Tarte isn't a brand we can easily get our hands on in the UK, I headed to the QVC website and paid a bomb for it. I didn't mind spending the money on the foundation as it is a high end foundation. Also within the deal you get the foundation and also a foundation brush to work with it. The only downside is having to guess which shade you are as there is no counter to match you up. On the other hand a plus side to ordering from QVC is that if it is incorrect then you can return it.

Onto the product, as soon as this arrived I was super excited to try it. The next day I used this and was pleased to see that the colour I had picked out matched my skin perfectly. You don't need a lot of this foundation as a little does go quite a long way. Although if you did want more coverage then you can apply more. On first application I loved this foundation, it works really well with oily skin. I found that this foundation really keeps the oil away for so much longer than any other foundation I have tried before. The brush it comes with is amazingly soft and really blends in this foundation perfectly.

Personally I find just one application of this foundation is enough for me and I then go onto using concealer for any blemishes which still stand out. Although you could apply more, I do find that this doesn't apply as well and can look slightly cakey on myself. One slight downside I have found of this foundation is that it can stick slightly to dry patches on your face. A couple of months back when my face wasn't so dry this foundation worked perfectly. Nowadays I find that it isn't so great as I do have more dry patches. If I use a really rich moisturiser for dry skin then this foundation will work but I do need to really apply my moisturiser liberally.

Overall this is a great foundation and the best I have ever tried in terms of keeping the oil off my face for an amazing amount of time. If/when my face decides to not be so dry then this foundation will definitely become my go to again. I do wish I could use this everyday as I really do love it, but maybe if I find a similar foundation and apply them in different regions of my face. That just seems like such an effort but it would make me love my foundation look flawless (hopefully). I'd definitely recommend trying this foundation or just checking it out on the QVC website here. I'd love to know if you've tried this foundation and your thoughts, also any other Tarte products you would recommend? :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am dying to try this foundation!! It does seem really expensive but with all the great reviews I am sure it will be worth it! I have tried the lights camera lashes mascara - amazing!
    The blushes sound fantastic, I was thinking of doing a sephora order when the christmas stock comes in next year as they do the gift sets making it better value.
    Great post......heading to qvc now :) xx
    www.abeautyholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great foundation - i've been really wanting to try it! I love the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes too. They're absolutely worth trying out.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig