Wednesday 4 March 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra All Day Prime & Anti-Shine Balm



Back to the beauty reviews today and another item from my recent Makeup Revolution haul. I do love buying a few make up items at once and going through the one by one discovering their bad and good points. I know that may sound slightly lame but well it's true and who doesn't like trying a load of new products? I guess I'm meaning more when they are from a new brand you've never tried before, like I was with Makeup Revolution, until now.

Onto the review, this product really caught my eye on the website mainly because I didn't really know what to expect. I was really intrigued when this arrived in my parcel and was the first thing I went ahead and opened. It certainly surprised me slightly but it definitely made me want to try it out as soon as possible. It's basically a white balm which you apply to your face as a primer before make up, although it does say you can apply it over make up too. I've only ever used it under my make up as a primer but it does work well. To begin with I was a bit baffled as how to apply it, as normally I don't like using the pads they come with, but with this product I did. I found it the easiest way to get the product out of the packaging and onto my face.

The product applies really easily actually, when using the sponge pad, and there's no need to really work it into the skin. Once smoothed over the skin it sinks in easily and is then prepped ready for foundation. This product does really mattify my t zone pretty much immediately. I do have a really oily t zone, which builds up throughout the day, so for this to instantly mattify my face is a winner. I will say the lasting power is pretty good although I have used better in the past. Come midday my face is definitely in need of a blot and re powder, so it's pretty good but nothing amazing. The packaging is also nice and sleek which I like. It comes compact with a good sized mirror and the sponge pad is great as it's all in one place. One other thing I've realised is that I don't think it's going to last me very long. Since receiving this item I have used it everyday and have already hit pan after not having it for very long. I know you don't pay an extortionate amount of money but I would like to see it last slightly longer than maybe it does already.

Overall this is a slightly unusual product but I have very much enjoyed using it and trying it out. At only £5 it's a great bargain and if you are as intrigued as I am then I would definitely recommend giving it a go. You can buy it here from the Makeup Revolution website. Let me know if you've tried this or your favourite products from Makeup Revolution you would recommend. Happy mid week :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig