Sunday 14 June 2015

Muesli & Chocolate Chip Cookies




Alongside my porridge oat cookies recipe which I posted last week (you can read here), I have also been baking these cookies. Again being inspired by the healthy eating baking and also having a bag of muesli in the cupboards which I wanted to use up. So I began scouring the internet for another recipe which I could try and voila, here came this recipe. I have slightly tweaked the one I found and came up with my own which I dare say taste really, really good! Obviously if you don't like muesli then these probably won't be for you as that is the main ingredient but I can say that some of the other ingredients make them taste much better.

You will need:
225g muesli
75g plain flour
100g butter
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons of honey
1 bag of chocolate chips (or something else sweet you would like to include)
 
First things first you need to preheat your oven to 180c and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Then in one bowl mix together the muesli and the flour.
 
Then you need to melt your butter in a separate bowl, I normally just do this in the microwave to speed the preparation time up. Once this is melted then combine the butter with the egg and honey.
 
You then add your wet mixture to your dry mixture and mix them both together well. You must then set this to one side for 15 minutes, this allows time for the mixture to combine and easier to then put into balls.
 
Then, using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place onto your trays leaving space as they will get slightly bigger whilst in the oven. Once placed onto the trays flatten them slightly. This step can get quite messy when using your hands!
 
You then bake them for 10 minutes, I swap the trays over in the oven half way through so they both have some time on the top shelf. On removal from the oven, leave them for around 5 minutes to cool and then move onto a tray or wire rack to cool completely.
 
And voila, the cookies are made! Honestly this is such a simple recipe and so easy to make. They taste super good whilst still warm as the chocolate chips are all gooey - top tip right there. If you are into your healthy baking I definitely recommend these. They are the perfect snack and I find myself wanting to just eat one after the other. Let me know if you try this recipe and also your healthy baking recipe's if you have any :-)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Definitely going to give these a go. I bet they taste amazing! Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh those look amazing! love your blog btw :)
    xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig