Tuesday 2 June 2015

The Mindfulness Colouring Book





I've seen a few of these books floating around the blogging world recently and I was really intrigued. I instantly headed to Amazon to have a look and there were so many different colouring books for adults. I never knew, before seeing them pop up, how many different ones there are out there let alone that they even existed. As soon as I saw these I knew I wanted to get my hands on one and I wanted one which consisted of many different patterns so it wasn't the same throughout.

After spending ages looking through the pages I settled for this one called 'The Mindfulness Colouring Book' which claims it's 'anti-stress art therapy for busy people'. This sounded great for me, I really do like to wind down in the evenings and occasionally at the weekends. I would normally read a book, which I do still do, but I thought this would be a great alternative for when I maybe don't feel like reading.

This book offers so many different patterns from abstract, Aztec, floral and animals, there really is something for everyone in this book which is what I love. I also love the size of the book as it's not too big therefore keeping the patterns on a smaller scale, meaning I might actually complete one. When I picked up this book I also purchased the Berol fine coloured pens to complete the book. I really like the fine ones as they make it easy to get into the smaller parts of the patterns more precisely. You get a wide range of colours and all the ones you would need pretty much to complete the book however you wish too.

Honestly I am in love with this book since purchasing it and really enjoy having some chilled time. I was pretty arty and creative in high school through to sixth form so it's nice to get that back in a small way now as I don't do anything like that anymore really. You can purchase this book from Amazon here and the pens also from Amazon here. This book is priced at only £3.99 currently which is such a bargain and worth trying out. If you like chilling, de-stressing and having some down time then I would 100% recommend this. But if this one is not for you then there really are so many others out there, you will definitely find one to suit you! Have you tried one of these grown up colouring books? What are your thoughts? :-)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. i brought this the other day too! So relaxing! I loved colouring as a child so this is perfect time spent
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of this! I love the Keri Smith books because the possibilities are endless. :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just bought this from amazon, excited to give it a go.xx
    www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig