Saturday 23 May 2015

Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer


I must admit I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to eye shadow. Don't get me wrong I love them for occasions and what not but for everyday I cannot be bothered. My eyelids are lucky if they get any of the stuff even at weekends, unless I'm heading out. But with the job I work in, there is no getting glam for it. However I wanted to start getting a bit more in the know with application and everything so I went out and purchased an eye shadow primer.

I didn't want to buy anything expensive so I went for Rimmel's offering called the 'Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer'. It comes in this tube, basically like a concealer, with an easy applicator. It's a nice consistency and not too thick which I'm guessing would just feel awful on your eyelid. This one glides over the eyelid effortlessly. It takes barely any rubbing/patting in which I like. This is basically a no fuss eye shadow primer due to the bare minimum effort you have to put in. After I've applied this I tend to leave it for a few minutes, I normally do some other make up whilst I'm waiting, and then go ahead and apply eye shadow.

I've been mainly using this with my Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette and it works super well with that. The eye shadows just glide on so easily over top of the primer, you basically cannot tell you've even applied it. Once I've finished applying eye shadow, this can take me some time, I'm all set to go. My eye shadow doesn't in anyway look cakey, uneven or patchy; it simply just looks pretty normal. This primer helps my eye shadow to stay in place so much longer than it does without it. My eye lids can sometimes get rather oily and I find when I didn't use this only cream eye shadows would work. I find this primer also helps with creasing as that's something else I would tend to have happen to my eye shadow half way through the night. I don't get that when I use this primer for at least double the amount of time if I wasn't to use it.

Overall I'm really glad I invested in an eye shadow primer as it really has helped keep my eye shadow in tact, when I do wear it, for much longer than without. I love this offering from Rimmel as it's really affordable and does the job well. Although this is the only one I've ever used so I can't really give any comparison views. If you're like me and haven't used a primer, until this one, then I would definitely recommend this! You can buy it here from Boots. I hope you all enjoy your long weekend :-)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really like RImmel products, I haven't tried out this eye shadow primer! Definitely think I'll be giving this a go! Great post!xx

    Honeypot Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig