Wednesday 8 July 2015

Pure Colour Lip Liner in Shell Pink




Whilst doing some online shopping a few weeks back on New Look, I came across their new beauty range. I'm not sure how long it has actually been out but it was the first time I was aware that it was a whole beauty range. They had a bit of everything on offer which I loved and couldn't resist popping something into my basket to give a go. After humming and haring for a short while I ended up with this lip liner in Shell Pink. I picked this shade as it looked very similar to Rimmel's Eastend Snob lip liner which is a supposed dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip liner. Therefore I was thinking this could have the potential to be another dupe.

The packaging is pretty standard and is the normal sharpening lip liner as opposed to the ones you can twist up and down. When swatching this product it looks great and really quite similar to the Rimmel one but I do find the Rimmel one slightly more pink toned to this particular one. This product does glide onto the lips easily and smoothly. It doesn't catch on the lips whilst your applying which is always a bonus. I would however definitely recommend applying a lip balm before using this product as I do find it rather drying. I know lip pencils are not the most hydrating lip product but I do find this one to be particularly drying.

I have tried using this product in both ways; one simply as a lip liner and using a lip stick afterwards but also using it all over my lips too. I find this product is definitely 100% more suited to the first option. When using this product alone I found it to really bleed and go patchy after a short period of time which we know doesn't look at all attractive. When using it simply to line your lips it works well, I've been using it with my MAC lip stick in Twig and I love the results. Both products work well together and it makes my lip stick last a lot longer.

Overall this is a great, cheap lip liner if you simply just want it to do the job it is intended to do and nothing else. I love the nude shade and it works perfectly with many of my lip sticks which I already own which is great. You can buy this lip stick here from the New Look website and it's worth checking out the rest of their Pure Colour beauty range. Let me know if you've tried anything from their range and what you think :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig