Monday 20 July 2015

Witch Overnight Clearing Serum



I've been pretty loyal to the Freederm Overnight Clearing Serum for quite some time but when this Witch one came out recently I couldn't help but pick it up considering I had just used up my Freederm one. This was recently on offer in Boots for around £4 which was a bit cheaper than the Freederm one so I couldn't help but give it a go.

Witch say "Witch Overnight Clearing Serum is designed to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and spots while helping to prevent future break outs. Your skin is visibly hydrated and looks more radiant and clear." I've previously used other products from Witch and have loved them so was really excited to give this one a go. The claims Witch make were exactly what I was after taking into consideration my blemishes, oily t zone and dry patches.

I apply this product last thing at night before my head hits the pillow and I'm asleep. The consistency is a light serum/cream and doesn't take long at all to settle into the skin. The pump makes it super easy to know how much product to apply to the skin and this product does go a long way. I find that I don't even need a full pump for it to cover my entire face. Due to the light consistency it doesn't feel heavy on the skin which is the last thing you want before going to sleep. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or irritate my current blemishes which I have found can sometimes happen with other blemish products.

I've been using this product most nights ever since I purchased and can say that I have seen results. I find this product dries up my blemishes and reduces the redness of them overnight. I can't say that the actual appearance of my blemishes are reduced but it does change the look of them in some way. The blemishes are still visible, and I know this product isn't going to clear them up completely, but they look better than they did the night before applying this product. They have dried out which is an annoying stage of blemishes but a stage in the right direction of getting rid of them. I can't say I agree with the claim about looking more radiant and only slightly agree with the hydration. On application the serum feels hydrating but come the morning I find that it's disappeared and where I have dry patches it doesn't help that out a lot. Not to say that it completely doesn't work, because it does, it just only hydrates for a short period of time.

Overall this is a great, cheaper alternative to the Freederm serum but if it was a toss up between the two I think I would opt for the Freederm one. However I will continue to enjoy this product and use it up as I am enjoying using it. If you've tried this product or any similar then leave the links below and let me know what they are :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig