Friday 7 August 2015

St Tropez Gradual In Shower Tan


Trying to get my hands on this product to begin with was a hard mission, it was only in Boots stores and was sold out online for quite some time. As soon as it came back into stock, trust me I checked daily, I snapped it up ASAP. It was also on offer which was a bonus and I believe I paid £9.50 for this 200ml tube. I must admit I wasn't sure whether or not I thought this would work, it all sounded to good to be true. An in shower tan that you slap on, wait 3 minutes, rinse and voila! Tanning can be such a chore with all the prep you have to do beforehand so this sounded like a perfect new idea.

There are definitive positives and negatives about this product so firstly lets starts with the positives. I cannot get over how easy the application of this product is, it could not be easier. Turn the shower off and slap it on, just remembering to wash your hands after you've applied it everywhere. The formula is super thick and creamy and leaves my skin actually feeling really moisturised after application. Another positive is that even with an easy slap on application, this tan leaves no streaks which is such a bonus. This was the one thing that I was worried about with this product but it simply leaves no streaks, no lines, nothing.

On the other hand there are some negatives and the main one I find is that this product only leaves you with a slight hint of colour which comes up gradually after application. So if you're after something with much more colour pay off then this product is not for you. Yes you can tell that your skin is left with a hint of colour but it's definitely not intense. The other point is that 3 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but when you're in the shower butt naked it feels like a lifetime. I tend to take my phone and time 3 minutes that way and I also tie this in with one of my quick hair masks. Also I feel like this would be much nicer to use in the summer when it's warmer, I dread to think about standing there for 3 minutes in the winter waiting for this to develop. This tan washes off super easy and then you're ready to go. I just tend to pat myself dry when I get out of the shower to try not to take it off.

Overall this product is great if you're only after a subtle hint of colour or if you're new to tanning. The formula is great and I can only see new tanning products coming out in the future similar to this one. I think this product would be great as a top up tan after a holiday but not something that I would use if I'm after more of a tan. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this product if you've tried it :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig